Information for Chairs
We truly appreciate your willingness to chair an oral session at the CED-IADR/NOF Oral Health Research Congress in Madrid. We have defined here the most important duties of a chair:
Thank you for promoting high-quality Oral Health Research in Europe.
- Arrive in good time before the oral session is due to start.
- Start the meeting:
"Welcome to the CED-IADR/NOF Oral Health Research Congress in Madrid. This Oral session is titled "xxx" and x (6 or 8) abstracts will be presented. We will start now with the first presentation titled xxx by xxx (author name) ".
- Once the presenter has finished his oral presentation, ask 1-2 questions and encourage the participants to ask questions. Be prepared to highlight issues that no-one else will, and to be the one who always has to ask the questions.
- Introduce shortly the next author and title of the abstract that will be presented. (Repeat step 3+4 until all oral presentations are finished)
- Keep strictly to the agenda according to the program book.
Presentation duration: 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes for discussion.
To ensure that people who want to listen to a specific presentation and follow the program book, please keep the agenda strictly according to the program book; even if one (or more) presenter(s) will not show up. You may want to ask questions to bridge the waiting time.
Worst case you have to inform the session attendants to wait until it is time for the next author to present.
- Ensure that if jargon and abbreviations are used, all present understand them.
- Report 'No shows (presenter absent)' to the local CED-IADR/NOF staff and send an e-mail afterwards to email@example.com